Hello friends! I hope you’re all doing great. I have just received the July edition of the Books That Matter subscription box and I thought I’d do a little review of it for you all. Side note: The delivery driver left my box in the recycling bin, which I thought was kinda funny lol
This month’s box focuses on ‘women’s choices, their sisterhood, and everything in between,’ and I’m really liking the look of it so far!
‘All Lina wanted was to be desired. How did she end up in a marriage with two children and a husband who wouldn’t touch her? All Maggie wanted was to be understood. How did she end up in a relationship with her teacher and then in court, a hated pariah in her small town? All Sloane wanted was to be admired. How did she end up a sexual object of men, including her husband, who liked to watch her have sex with other men and women? Three Women is a record of unmet needs, unspoken thoughts, disappointments, hopes and unrelenting obsessions.’ – Goodreads
I can’t wait to read this novel! It sounds absolutely amazing, and I’m all for a book that examines the sisterhood between three women. The box also includes an interview with Three Women’s author, Lisa Taddeo, which is super handy to have!
Expect a review of this beautiful novel on my blog soon.
Presents! My favourite part. This month they centered on ‘self-hood, art and self-care.’ What a lovely treat to receive after being in lockdown for so long! Here’s what I got:
- A pamper kit by Upcircle Beauty, including a face mask, moisturiser and serum made by recycled materials! I think this is an awesome idea and I’m all for clean beauty. Plus the packaging design is beautiful.
- Two art prints by Milk and Moon! Perfect for hanging up in my book nook.
- A promotional art print from Florence Given to celebrate the launch of Women Don’t Owe You Pretty – a book that I’m absolutely desperate to read!
- A popsocket designed by Yvie at Yoco Studio. I won’t lie, I’ve never bought a popsocket just because I think they contribute negatively to the environment. But now that I’ve got one I might as well use it! Plus it’s actually kinda cute and the design is gorgeous.
- As usual you also get a bookmark – this month it has the same design as on the popsocket.